Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me...

Shea Wine Cellars Homer 2008 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir

I had been looking for this wine to try as my first high end pinot noir and had a difficult time finding one. One day though I took a trip to Tustin with a friend to Total Wine. Low and behold, there it was among the rows of pinot in the largest warehouse of wine I'd ever been to. I decided I had to get it. I was anxious since it was $75 bucks and it was only the second bottle of pinot I'd ever bought. But heck, it was a month from my birthday and I wanted to get something special for myself. So there I was, in line buying two mini bottles of Godiva chocolate liqueur, a bottle of Italian prosecco, and my Shea. One month later I opened it on a Thursday night with my friend.

A deep ruby red wine, with dark blackberry and plum notes. I could taste a hint of smokiness and spice to round out the bold fruit flavors. We finished the bottle and enjoyed every sip. I will be celebrating my birthdays from now on with my Shea.

http://www.sheawinecellars.com/

Wine Spectator: 94 points
Purchase: Total Wine in Tustin, California
Price: $75

No comments:

Post a Comment